Updating Commander...

Reinforcements have arrived....


This feels like somewhat of a downgrade in power, but I feel the deck will play better (and by better I mean it'll feel like a swingy game of MTG, not just board sweepers and landslides) 

Remember I'm trying to build a deck which is up against someone doing the exact same deck approach (all nu-new boarded) and I want it to look just awesome on the tabletop. Perhaps my Warhammer like love of nicely painted armies transfers over to MTG. 

So here's the list and the why...

-1 Cataclysm (Strictly an un-fun Commander card)
-1 Virtues Ruin (Seems really poor when 80% of my games are against Sultai)
-1 Aggressive Mining (The card design is sweet, it's application in this deck is not)
-1 Burning of Xinye (Wildfire in Commander is balloni because mass LD is a little tedious) 
-1 Longshot Squad (Bye bye dog archers, you are meh at best)
-1 Sultai Flayer (The lifegain just isn't needed and we're replacing you)
-1 Hornet Nest (I didn't wanna take this out but I need creatures which can swing) 
-1 Tuskguard Captain (Outlast isn't something I want to do with this deck)
-1 Fated Intervention (Triple green gets me down in a 5 colour deck without amazing mana)
-1 Smokestack (Stax may make a return depending on the evolution of this deck)

+1 Jeskai Banner (Fixing until something better comes along, plan on the cycle of these)
+1 Jeskai Charm (I want a cycle of these charms)
+1 Temur Charm (Same as above)
+1 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury (I want a cycle of these powerhaĆ¼s dragons!)
+1 Deflecting Palm (I see too many big spells finishing people off. So here's my 2 mana one!)
+1 Surrak Dragonclaw (YES! YES! The bearpunchin' sonnofabitch is mine!)
+1 Savage Knuckleblade (He seems a little weaker than a lot of the deck but his bounce is legit!)
+1 Thousand Winds (I'm going to enjoy ruining combat steps with this guy)
+1 Mindscour Dragon (The start of another cycle)


The deck will look something like this...

10 Dragons (5 rare, 5 uncommon)
10 Khans (both old and new)
5 Charms
5 Banners
5 M15 Soul's (Rav, Theros etc)
5 5-Mana Morph guys (Ponyback Brigade etc)
that's 40 cards... So some 20 value cards will come into the deck and that'll seal the deal
40 lands... 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Streets of Rage 2 and working.

State of Judging - Burnt, OUT!