Streets of Rage 2 and working.

Work for a company because you want to, not because you need to. It's 2018, opportunity is in every aspect of our life. It's literally everywhere and you'd have to be blind not to see how many start ups and big firms need gaps filled. Not to mention the rife amount of space there is for new businesses to emerge and generate income quickly.



I'm not really anyone in the grand scheme of things, but I sit and observe a lot of the time. Both my immediate surroundings and the bigger picture, often asking questions others may think are irrelevant. But those questions help me paint pictures in my mind of how things are.



Take a look at one of the Sega's ultimate games on the Mega Drive. Streets of Rage 2 (release in 1992)



These people worked late into the night, not because they had to, because what they had was solid gold, they knew it, they had fun with it and their bosses worked hard to make sure they had the space needed to shine. A small, agile group of people together, in sync, working hard to make something they could all be proud of.



Well if you're a nerd like I am, you might realise that Streets of Rage 2 is essentially a legacy for them that most people would be envious of, there isn't really much criticism of the game and we live in the internet age where everyone seems to share their opinions (welcomed or not)



Where I'm working makes me feel like this. I'm putting in an extra hour here or there on week days because I'm pumped up, excited for some internal changes that mean I get to do what I really want to do. I've had 3 job offers since working for Pure360 and have recruiters calling me at the moment, but I'm still here. That's because I'm working somewhere I want to and not somewhere I need to.





Every now and again it takes a game you obsessed over in your childhood to teach a valuable lesson in why we wake up in the morning and step out the door before the sun's fully up, especially in these seemingly never ending, long, winter months.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3TEywgwMU&feature=youtu.be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunset of Aether Reborn Standard.

My Top 10 Standard Periods.