Return to Legacy? Suicide Black.

Cure for the Itch....


I've been wanting a craft a cheap legacy deck for god knows how long now.... Perhaps it's time to indulge....

I picked up a collection the other day which I feel may help me realize my first truly competitive deck in Legacy... If only I had Cabal Coffers I'd be laughing...

Here's the decklist in mind...


4 Carnophage
4 Sarcomancy
4 Nantuko Shade
2 Ichorid
4 Braids, Cabal Minion

4 Duress
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Hymn to Tourach

4 Dark Ritual
3 Diabolic Edict
3 Vendetta

19 Swamp
1 Volrath's Stronghold

SB: 4 Phyrexian Negator
SB: 4 Engineered Plague
SB: 2 Hatred
SB: 2 Planar Void
SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 Perish

The only concern I have is this stupid need to know all the cards in the deck are either Legacy or Modern boardered. I can't be dealing with both in the same deck, it looks terrible. Perhaps if I got over myself I could add in Inquisition of Kozilek in place of Duress, I could run Phyrexian Obliterator instead of the Negator and Hypnotic Specter can come out for something spicier. Liliana of the Veil makes a strong case in this deck too... :\


Outside of all of that lets look at what it gets up to....

Well it's winning with silly 2/2 Zombies or a Crazed 2/2 Braids usually... Nuking the opponents hand in the early game and then hitting any creatures straight away with Vendetta or Edict..

I could do with perhaps something more late game based also like Zombie Infestation, which can be a good outlet with Ichorid...

The games go long, the opponent should be playing off the top from turn 3/4 and attrition of cheap creatures should get me through.

The sideboard brings in the Negator in the games against non-burn decks, the Plague hits goblins hard, Hatred is a spicy card which is forgotten about and can sometimes straight up win... Planar Void and Crypts as a meta-call against local players loving graveyard based decks and Perish goes against the stompy/tarmo decks.

Comments

  1. At last you got a rack of Sarcomancy! I remember you having a fit over my Suicide Black deck a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I don't have Sarcomancy yet.. I think they're the next thing I'm going to get from www.magiccardmarket.eu as no one seems to ever have any...

    Thesilentjudge....? This is either Ray F. or Jae M.? Eitherway, welcome to my blog of silliness and tangents.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Streets of Rage 2 and working.

State of Judging - Burnt, OUT!